All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive, modern account of the flow of inviscid incompressible fluids This one-stop resource for students, instructors, and professionals goes beyond analytical solutions for irrotational fluids to provide practical answers to real-world problems involving complex boundaries. It offers extensive coverage of vorticity transport as well as computational methods for inviscid flows, and it provides a solid foundation for further studies in fluid dynamics. Inviscid Incompressible Flow supplies a rigorous introduction to the continuum mechanics of fluid flows. It derives vector representation theorems, develops the vorticity transport theorem and related integral invariants, and presents theorems associated with the pressure field. This self-contained sourcebook describes both solution methods unique to two-dimensional flows and methods for axisymmetric and three-dimensional flows, many of which can be applied to two-dimensional flows as a special case. Finally, it examines perturbations of equilibrium solutions and ensuing stability issues. Important features of this powerful, timely volume include: Focused, comprehensive coverage of inviscid incompressible fluids Four entire chapters devoted to vorticity transport and solution of vortical flows Theorems and computational methods for two-dimensional, axisymmetric, and three-dimensional flows A companion Web site containing subroutines for calculations in the book Clear, easy-to-follow presentation Inviscid Incompressible Flow, the only all-in-one presentation available on this topic, is a first-rate teaching and learning tool for graduate- and senior undergraduate-level courses in inviscid fluid dynamics. It is also an excellent reference for professionals and researchers in engineering, physics, and applied mathematics.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY S. MARSHALL, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and a research engineer at the Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research at the University of Iowa, Iowa City.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S. Marshall
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2001
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight716 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.