All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvisible Armies presents an entirely original narrative of warfare, which demonstrates that, far from the exception, loosely organized partisan or guerrilla warfare has been the dominant form of military conflict throughout history. New York Times best-selling author and military historian Max Boot traces guerrilla warfare and terrorism from antiquity to the present, narrating nearly thirty centuries of unconventional military conflicts. Filled with dramatic analysis of strategy and tactics, as well as many memorable characters-from Italian nationalist Guiseppe Garibaldi to the Quiet American, Edward Lansdale-Invisible Armies is as readable as a vel (Michael Korda, Daily Beast) and a timely reminder to politicians and generals of the hard-earned lessons of history (Ecomist).
- Author BiographyA Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a renowned military historian, Max Boot is a regular contributor to the Wall Street Journal. The author of The Savage Wars of Peace and War Made New, he lives in New York.
- Author(s)Max Boot
- PublisherW W Norton & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Content Note70 illustrations; 8 maps
- Weight770 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.