Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis inspiring and uplifting true story shows how a damaged childhood can become an asset, in fighting back and winning against all odds. This compelling story is a tribute to all those brave women who believe in yes we can. Mary's life was always a miracle of survival. It is a tale of courage and responsibility, as she battles to keep herself and baby sister from starvation and TB, sometimes with fun and laughter, and at other times so desperate that we are drawn to tears. But when her best friend steals a rifle, we listen to her heartbreaking plea to the Samaritans as her life is crushed. It is a story of heartbreak and passion, a blinding love so certain that it comes but once in a lifetime. She finds her freedom to study at university, and doing what she does best, saving damaged children like herself.
- Author(s)Mary Hayward
- Date of Publication25/10/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSutherland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight423 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.