All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the years since the book of Lozanskii and Firsov The Theory of Spark  was published, a number of experimental and theoretical studies in the physics of electric breakdown in gases were conducted. As a result of these studies, the concept of a wavelike nature of breakdown initiated by single high-voltage electric pulses or by a constant electric field was confirmed. Theoretical models in which the concept of breakdown in a constant external field was developed were first exposed in the above-named book in the chapter Development of a streamer regarded as an ionization wave, written by Rodin and Starostin. This book treats the initial stage of electric breakdown as a wave pro- cess. The wavelike nature of the phemena under consideration is pre- sented for streamers and sliding discharges, for electric breakdown develop- ment in long discharge tubes as well as in gas-filled gaps. Chapter 1 gives a qualitative consideration of phemena determin- ing the electric breakdown of gases. The experimental data and theoretical results are exposed and discussed with application to streamers, plane ion- ization waves, breakdown waves in long tubes, and propagation of sliding discharges. The subject of this chapter may be considered as an area of applications of different theoretical models, formulas, and estimates that are presented in other chapters of the book.
- Author(s)A.N. Lagarkov,I.M. Rutkevich
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/11/1993
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.