All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1634 and Germany is at war. The Catholic imperialists have won a decisive victory in battle over the Protestant nationalists. All across the land there is disorder as both armies splinter into groups of rampaging militia, the defeated infantrymen fleeing for their lives, and the cavalry and musketeers of the conquerors burning and pillaging enemy farms and villages as they advance. The Pikeman is a soldier from the defeated nationalists who has been pressed into rescuing refugees from devastated communities and taking them to sanctuary. The Musician is a church organist well regarded in the Protestant hierarchy who has w stumbled into representing a belligerent Catholic faction. Both men have come under the direction of a Benedictine Abbess who would use their services to ensure the security of her cloistered nunnery. And all are caught in the duplicity and subterfuge of political machinations, the struggle for meaning among the rampant bloodshed, and the resort to desperate measures while seeking to identify t only blessed resurgence from utter ruination but also that which will distinguish those who shall live from those who shall die.
- Date of Publication22/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.