All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIran is an ancient country, an oil-exporting ecomy and an Islamic Republic. It experienced two full-scale revolutions in the twentieth century, the latter of which had large and important regional and international consequences, including an eight-year war with Saddam Hussein's Iraq. And w in the twenty-first century, it confronts issues and experiences problems which have important implications for its future development and external relations. Featuring outstanding contributions from leading sociologists, social anthropologists, political scientists and ecomists in the field of Iranian studies, this book is the first to examine Iran and its position in the contemporary world. In developing this argument, topics examined include: * social developments in the country including gender relations * contemporary politics * international relations * relations with the US and Israel * nuclear weapons and energy programmes * oil and the development of the ecomy.
- Author BiographyHoma Katouzian is a social scientist, historian, literary critic and poet. He is Iran Heritage Research Fellow, St. Antony's College and Member, Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Oxford, an honorary fellow in the Department of Politics, University of Exeter, and editor of Iranian Studies. Hossein Shahidi teaches Communication at the American University of Beirut. He was a journalist and journalist trainer for more than twenty years, mostly at the BBC World Service, and Gender and Media Specialist with the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) in Afghanistan (2003-2004).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2007
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleIranian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 35 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr Hossein Shahidi,Homa Katouzian
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.