All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn urgent book. Arundhati RoyThree years after the start of the war in Iraq, violence and misery continue to plague the country, and conservatives and liberals alike are struggling with the question of when and under what circumstances U.S. and coalition forces should leave. In this cogent and compelling book, Anthony Arve argues that the U.S. occupation is the major source of instability and suffering for the Iraqi people. Challenging the idea that George W. Bush was ever interested in bringing democracy to Iraq and the view widely held across the political spectrum that it would be more damaging to leave prematurely Arve explores the real reasons behind the invasion. He shows why continuing the occupation is a wildly unrealistic and reckless strategy that makes the world a more dangerous place. Iraq: The Logic of Withdrawal concludes by laying out a clear vision for the antiwar movement, one that engages soldiers, military families, and the many communities affected by the occupation, who together, Arve argues, can build the coalition needed to bring the troops home.
- Author BiographyAnthony Arnove is the editor, with Howard Zinn, of Voices of a People's History of the United States. He is also the editor of Iraq Under Siege: The Deadly Impact of Sanctions and War and of Terrorism and War, a collection of post September 11 interviews with Howard Zinn. Arnove's writing has appeared in Financial Times, The Nation, In These Times, Monthly Review, Z, and many other publications. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Anthony Arnove
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.