All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionSince the start of the Iraq conflict, world-rewned security expert Paul Rogers has produced a series of monthly reports scrutinising developments in the occupation and the Iraqi response to it, drawing on the unique range of contacts and material available to the prestigious Oxford Research Group. They have become the standard source material for journalists, policymakers and campaigners writing about Iraq. Now, for the first time, Paul Rogers has brought these reports together to provide a detailed and authoritative analysis of the last year in Iraq. A disturbing picture emerges, in which coalition forces repeatedly misread the direction of the insurgency, in which radical groups gain strength through the ongoing (and underreported) loss of civilian lives at the hands of the occupying forces, and in which the US's determination to secure the Persian Gulf's oil and gas resources lock it further and further into a destructive, intractable, and ultimately counter-productive war in the Middle East. Concisely-written and highly accessible, Iraq and the War on Terror is an indispensable book for anyone interested the Middle East, US foreign policy and international security. Its conclusions about the extent of the damage caused by the war, and how long the occupation looks set to last, will send shockwaves through policymakers in the US and the UK alike.
- Author BiographyPaul Rogers is Professor of Peace Studies at Bradford University and recently completed a two year term as Chair of the British International Studies Association. The Oxford Research Group is a prestigious research and advocacy group made up of internationally-renowned security experts.
- Author(s)Paul Rogers
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight268 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.