All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionA sweeping survey of the arts of Ireland spanning 150 years and an astonishing range of artists and media This groundbreaking book captures a period in Ireland's history when countless foreign architects, artisans, and artists worked side by side with their native counterparts. Nearly all of the works within this remarkable volume-many of them never published before-have been drawn from North American collections. This catalogue accompanies the first exhibition to celebrate the Irish as artists, collectors, and patrons over 150 years of Ireland's sometimes turbulent history. Featuring the work of a wide range of artists-kwn and unkwn-and a diverse array of media, the catalogue also includes an impressive assembly of essays by a pre-eminent group of international experts working on the art and cultural history of Ireland. Major essays discuss the subjects of the Irish landscape and tourism, Irish country houses, and Dublin's role as a center of culture and commerce. Also included are numerous shorter essays covering a full spectrum of topics and artworks, including bookbinding, ceramics, furniture, glass, mezzotints, miniatures, musical instruments, pastels, silver, and textiles.
- Author BiographyWilliam Laffan is an art historian and author, and former editor of Irish Architectural and Decorative Studies: The Journal of the Irish Georgian Society. Christopher Monkhouse is the chair and Eloise W. Martin Curator, Department of European Decorative Arts, at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- PublisherArt Institute of Chicago
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArt Institute of Chicago
- Content Note375 color illus.
- Weight1906 g
- Width248 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristopher Monkhouse,William Laffan
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.