Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSynthesizing a vast body of scholarly work, Henry Patterson offers a compelling narrative of contemporary Ireland as a place poised between the divisiveness of deep-seated conflict and the modernizing - but perhaps less divisive - pull of ever-greater material prosperity. Although the two states of Ireland have strikingly divergent histories, Patterson shows more clearly than any previous historian how interdependent those histories - and the mirroring ideologies that have fuelled them - have been. With its fresh and unpredictable readings of key events and developments on the island since the outbreak of the second world war, Ireland Since 1939 is an authoritative and gripping account from one of the most distinguished Irish historians at work today.
- Author BiographyHenry Patterson is Professor of Politics at the University of Ulster. His previous books include The Politics of Illusion: A Political History of the IRA.
- Author(s)Henry Patterson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintPenguin Ireland
- Out-of-print date28/01/2010
- Weight292 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.