All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $31.71Free postage
- AU $31.08Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Horace Manning Mann famous collection of rare and unique Irish Belleek is kwn throughout the world and is depicted as one of the most prestigious collections ever assembled.
- Author BiographyA native to Houston, Texas, Horace Manning Mann was of Irish descent on his father's side of the family. After graduating from the University of Texas with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, he served with the Special Forces during World War II. Later, after the war, he became deeply involved in the oil business and the final years of his career were spent managing his public warehousing business in Texas. It was during a visit to Canada in the early 1940's that a business associate, reputedly the Duke of Windsor, suggested that Mann buy gifts of Belleek for clients and friends. His World War II service afforded him an opportunity to travel extensively, always searching for the special piece of Belleek to add to his collection, and this advantage continued after the war in the oil profession. Thus, a deep-rooted love and appreciation for for collecting Belleek began as a token gesture for gift-giving and matured to a virtual obsession - so great his passion for collecting and acquiring knowledge in the field. Dealers and collectors alike will remember Horace Manning Mann for his warmth and devotion to this specialized area of collecting; for his unselfish efforts to share his appreciation and knowledge of Belleek; and it is in honor of these special qualities and to his memory that this catalogue is dedicated.
- Author(s)Horace Manning Mann
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.