All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a country richly endowed with wild mountain ranges, secluded valleys and untamed coastlines, the best natural landscapes can only be explored on foot. Here are over sixty of the greatest one-day walking routes in Ireland, varying from short strolls to full-day treks. Every part of the Republic and Northern Ireland is featured. From rugged peaks and chiselled ridge lines to towering sea cliffs and sheltered loughs, these routes take you past all the country's finest scenery. Many of the routes are hill-walks, with clear descriptions of the country's classic mountain ascents. Even seasoned hillwalkers will find challenging outings. Each walk is illustrated with sketch maps and colour photos and is prefaced with a quick-reference summary and access tes. Route descriptions include clear navigational guidance to keep you on the right track.
- Author BiographyHelen Fairbairn is a full-time writer of outdoor activity guides, including Northern Ireland - A Walking Guide (2012), Dublin & Wicklow - A Walking Guide (2014), and walking guidebooks to the Rocky Mountains, Scotland's highlands and islands and the European Alps. She lives in County Sligo, and is a regular contributor to Walking World Ireland, Ireland's only dedicated walking magazine.
- Author(s)Helen Fairbairn
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content Notemaps and colour photos
- Weight354 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.