All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores this question and attempts to reveal precisely who these Huguets were, what they contributed to and received from their adopted land, and why Huguet ancestry is so respected and prized even among devout Irish Catholics. The true chronicle of Irelands Huguets is, in opposition to the narrow misrepresentations of the past, one of extraordinary richness and variety, as befits an ethnic group whose influence permeated into every ok of Irish life and society. Here are some of the towering personalities that left such an imprint on Ireland's history, character and heritage: Henri, Earl of Galway; warrior turned financial tycoon David Digues Latouche; the scholar/librarian Elie Bouhereau; and many other greater and lesser luminaries.
- Author BiographyRaymond Pierre Hylton is Associate Professor of History at Virginia Union University, Richmond, Virginia. He has lectured and studied at University College, Dublin, and is the recipient winner of the National Huguenot Society Publiqhing Award for 1987.
- Author(s)Raymond Hylton
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight504 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.