All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introduction to the problems of reading Irenaeus of Lyons (c. 130-200), kwn as 'the first great Catholic theologian'. This book is a fully revised and extended edition of Denis Minns' standard introduction to the theology of Irenaeus. Readers will find it comprehensive, informative, lucid, and elegantly written. The book is chiefly aimed at those approaching him for the first time, but it is based on the most recent scholarship and provides much help for those who wish to work on him as a more advanced level. Irenaeus of Lyons (c. 130-200) has been called 'the first great Catholic theologian'. As this book explains, the description is accurate, since the Christianity represented by Irenaeus is recognizably that of the Catholic Church, though unfamiliar in its primitiveness. The thought of Irenaeus represents an important stage in the development of Christian orthodoxy. Denis Minns explains why Irenaeus, the 2nd-century theologian, deserves his place in history. He explains why, though unfamiliar in its primitiveness, the Christianity represented by Irenaeus is recognizably that of the Catholic Church. Minns takes account of the recent scholarly work on Irenaeus and his period which has been done in recent years, but this book is principally an introduction to the problems of reading him. It is aimed mainly at those approaching Irenaeus for the first time.
- Author BiographyDenis Minns is a Dominican monk and lives in New South Wales, Australia. He was a member of the Theology Faculty of Oxford University and lecturer for Blackfriars in Patristics. He is the author of Irenaeus and Traditional doctrine and the antique world view... in The Task of Theology Today.
- Author(s)Denis Minns
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.