All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough the term Irish music typically evokes images of fiddles, flutes, and Riverdance, Ireland and its culture have also given rise to a wealth of orchestral music, including compositions ranging from string quartets to operas. In this important new work, author Axel Klein provides much more than a mere discography: he documents and promotes a largely unkwn aspect of Irish culture in a unique combination of discographical and biographical information. Featuring ninety-three recorded Irish composers and forty-three international composers influenced by Irish music, the volume offers the means for scholars and general readers alike to familiarize themselves with a subject to which most of the world, until w, has t been exposed. As most of the music described is currently available on compact disc, Klein's compilation serves as an invaluable resource guide for both academics and amateur enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyAXEL KLEIN has co-edited two volumes of essays on Irish music and is an advisor to the German encyclopedia Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart. His other writing includes the monograph Die Musik Irlands im 20. Jahrhundert, on the subject of 20th century Irish music.
- Author(s)Axel Klein
- Date of Publication30/09/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDiscographies: Association for Recorded Sound Collections Discographic Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight587 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.