All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Irish Life Humour in Anecdote and Story A very cordial reception was given to Irish Life and Humour in Anecdote and Story on its appearance two years ago. Favourable press tices were seconded by the rapid disposal of a large edition. The suggestion was frequently made that while it would be well to reprint the original work as a book for the library, it would be a good thing if an abridgement were prepared and issued at a popular price. It was felt that such a book would appeal to the traveller and holidaymaker. Acting on that suggestion, the author has condensed the original bulky volume into the present publication. He has endeavoured to preserve the best stories of Irish wit and humour which his collection contained, and readers will find that though the following pages fall short of his original work in quantity they do t suffer in quality. In his selection of stories, the author has endeavoured, as far as possible, to illustrate the main features of Irish character. As a general rule he has given the anecdotes exactly as he found them - without comment or observation - leaving them to speak for themselves. It is his hope that the volume will afford pleasure to Irishmen at home and abroad, and to many others who have t had the privilege of birth in the Land of the Shamrock. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)William Harvey
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.