All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionBrand practices his art to something like perfection. --The New York Times Max Brand is the Shakespeare of the Western range. --Kirkus Reviews After Andrew Lanning's father dies, his Uncle Jasper takes him under his wing and raises him for the next fifteen years. Jasper wants his nephew to be the kind of man who rightly belongs to the Lanning clan: good with horses, and even better with guns. But the results prove disappointing--Andrew becomes the town's mild-mannered blacksmith. However, something soon happens that changes all that in a single day. When the belligerent Buck Heath confronts Andrew, Andrew fights back with a single punch, kcking Heath down, and probably killing him. Assaulted with feelings of guilt and terror, Andrew flees into the wilderness of the hills where he turns outlaw, and is relentlessly pursued by Deputy Sheriff Bill Dozier and a posse. When Andrew is finally within the sights of their long guns, he stops them by means of a fabulous long-distance shot, killing Bill Dozier. Now, with the killing of an officer of the law, Andrew is outlawed for sure. Only one thing keeps him going--the love he has for Anne Withero, the fiancee of rich Charles Merchant who financed Bill Dozier's pursuit of Andrew. Anne is terrified of Andrew yet drawn to him at the same time, and w, more than ever, Merchant wants Andrew dead. Remaining free has suddenly become more dangerous for Andrew than it has ever been. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMax Brand is the best-known pen name of Frederick Faust, creator of such beloved characters as Destry and Dr. Kildare. Eighty motion pictures and many radio and television programs have been based on his work. Faust went to Italy as a war correspondent during World War II after the United States entered the conflict, and was killed during a night attack on a hilltop village held by the German army. His literary output was so prolific during his life that he averaged three new books per year for seventy-five years, including many years after his death. Brand lived in Hollywood, California.
- Author(s)Max Brand
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.