Irradiation for Food Safety and Quality: Proceedings of FAO/IAEA/WHO International Conference on Ensuring the Safety and Quality of Food Through Radiation Processing by Paul Thomas, Paisan Loaharanu (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $273.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood irradiation is increasingly used worldwide as a proven and effective method of food preservation, as well as for improvement of food safety and quality. The International Conference on Ensuring the Safety and Quality of Food through Radiation Processing convened for the presentation of new irradiation techlogy, and to assess the role of irradiation in ensuring the safety and nutritional adequacy of food of plant and animal origin. This new book presents the complete texts of all twenty reports from the conference. Examined are applications of the techlogy in produce, animal products, and prepared foods, the ecomics of various irradiation techlogies, international regulations, the marketing of irradiated products to consumers and retail outlets, and irradiation's implications for the global trade in food and agricultural commodities. Also included is new information on the scientific, regulatory, and consumer acceptance status of food irradiation and the role this techlogy will play in the 21st century. The new information in this book will be useful to all those involved in the processing, preservation, and distribution of food, as well as food industry managers and regulatory personnel. To receive your copy promptly, please order w. Information on ordering follows the complete table of contents. Conference Sponsors and Speakers This conference was sponsored by three U.N. Agencies: IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency), FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), and the WHO (World Health Organization). All authors are leading experts in aspects of food irradiation. From the Editor's Foreword Significant developments on the acceptance and application of food irradiation as a method to ensure food safety and quality and to facilitate food trade have occurred in recent years. Regulations on food irradiation in many countries either have been or are being harmonized based on the Codex General Standard for Irradiated Foods and relevant recommendations of the International Consultative Group on Food Irradiation (ICGFI). The number of irradiation facilities for treating food is increasing and many more are under construction or being planned. The consumers are getting accurate information and are beginning to appreciate the benefit of irradiated foods...The potential of irradiation as a method to ensure the hygienic quality of food, especially those of animal origin, as a quarantine treatment of fresh horticultural commodities, and as a substitute for fumigants, is being realized...The Conference reaffirmed the view that the safety and nutritional adequacy of irradiated food produced under conditions of Good Manufacturing Practice is longer in question, regardless of the absorbed dose.
- Author(s)Paisan Loaharanu,Paul Thomas
- PublisherTechnomic Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLancaster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnomic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.