All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Author is a Chartered Surveyor and Arbitrator and has been in the Quantity Surveying field for the last 40 years. The book deals with construction irregularities ,frauds and the necessity for Technical Auditing of construction projects. The construction industry is huge expanding and expected to reach in excess of US $ 12 Trillion by 2020. The bulk of this amounts shall come from emerging markets and from public money. Still Construction Auditing is practically performed by Accountants in all parts of the world. The Author feels that this should be done by Engineers with proper training and accreditation.Further,the Author feels that there is a necessity to spend at least one dollar for auditing for every thousand dollars spent to see whether the money is spent wisely.This is very important in case of public money. The construction industry as a whole is infested with irregularities and frauds and so much so that the estimated loss is around 10%,which shall reach in excess of US $ one Trillion by 2020.To put in context, the combined GDPs of Saudi Arabia and South Africa. If the existing internal and external auditing system does t bring in 0.5 %(1/20 of the estimated waste) as savings on a regular basis,then it can be safely assumed that the system needs modifications or complete overhaul. The book deals with basic guide lines for Technical Auditing of construction to bring in savings.This also gives a set of proposals for future improvements of the existing system and the same can be used in developing counries or modified to suit each country's requirements.
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.