All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionBefore establishing himself as the 'master of disaster' with the 1970s films The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Infer , Irwin Allen created four of television's most exciting and enduring science-fiction series: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea , Lost in Space , The Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants . These 1960s series were full of Allen's favorite tricks, techniques and characteristic touches, and influenced other productions from the original Star Trek forward. Every science-fiction show owes something to Allen, yet ne has equaled his series' pace, excitement, or originality. This detailed examination and documentation of the premise and origin of the four shows offers an objective evaluation of every episode. A close-up look at these television landmarks demonstrates that when Irwin Allen's television episodes were good, they were great - and when they were bad, they were still terrific fun.
- Author BiographyFreelance writer Jon Abbott lives in Brighton, England.
- Author(s)Jon Abbott
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, bibliography, index
- Weight635 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.