Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionMY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!! My life was changed in an instant. I w have one pair of wet shoes, one t-shirt and one pair of shorts. The remainder of 58-years of belongings went up in flames. Oh, what a fire! Five months ago my mom fell, broke her hip and eight days later she died! Five weeks ago I had my left knee sawn in two, as I had my knee replaced. Now today, I was out for a short therapy walk to rehab my knee. I heard screaming sirens, I saw billows of smoke, and within a couple of moments two police squad cars and multiple fire trucks flew past me, right to the end of the block - right in front of my house. A feeling of dread and panic enveloped me. I wanted to run, I had to run, but I was unable to run. My young granddaughter was in the shower when I left the house. Was she still alive! By the time I hobbled one short block to my house the entire roof was engulfed in flames. The flames where shooting out of both ends of the house. As the roof collapsed into the house from the intense heat and flames, everything I owned, my prized possessions, my two dogs, my computers, my Bible, all my memories were gone in the flash of an eye. I had to ask God. Why ME? And why NOW? The answer to those questions came t during the fire, but through the fire. God often uses extreme measures to get our attention, to cause us to fall on our knees, to seek his face and to surrender totally to his sovereign reign in our lives. I fell to my knees with my eyes looking to the heavens, begging the Lord - Please help me, please!! What transpired from that moment was ermous pain and loss, but also many God Sighting to provide hope through tragedy. As Job said in the Bible, The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Come walk with me, through this horrific tragedy and hopefully you will find what I found - a faithful and loving God who t only walked with me through the fire, but at many times carried me in the palm of his hand!
- Author(s)Ed St Peter
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.