All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs Organized Labor A Decaying Business Model?
The book examines the organized labor business model from the perspectives of the ecomic and political influences of organized labor, relative to the domestic and global ecomy.
The traditional organized labor business model, as we have kwn it over the past century, is t sustainable in it present form, and will become less relevant, irrelevant or extinct, unless major changes are made.
The nature of work has changed, and labor unions have failed to evolve with this change, just as disaurs became extinct because they failed to evolve with the climatic changes.
Union representation serves a very important business and ecomic function. Repressive employers create strong unions, because unions protect workers from abusive management.
The organized labor business model for growth is to unionize low-wage workers, such as immigrants, mirities, and females, in industries and locations with traditionally low union saturation.
Historically, labor unions have encouraged an adversarial (us versus them) approach to business operations.
The key to long-term survival, increased ecomic strength, and political power lies in the ability of organized labor to adapt to changes, become productive allies with business, and be part of the solution, t part of the problem.
To do less will result in a decayed organized labor business model creating its own irrelevance and going the way of the disaurs.
- Author(s)Chris Mosquera
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight263 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.