All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA provocative look at the violent content of 'sacred scripture' and what Jews, Christians, and Muslims must do to re-vision their faiths away from justifying violence. Post 9/11 attention has focused on Islam as a violent religion, but Nelson-Pallmeyer shows that the Bible and the Quran both have ample violence-justifying content to support holy and other wars. The challenge, he maintains, is to ackwledge violence in sacred scripture and re-vision God's power.
- Author BiographyJack Nelson-Pallmeyer is Assistant Professor of Justice and Peace Studies. For more than twenty years he has studied and written about the relationship of religion, violence, and peace, and his books include Jesus Against Christianity: Reclaiming the Missing Jesus (Trinity Press International).
- Author(s)Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/10/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.