All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart strategy guide, part celebration of all things wordy, Is That A Word? is a lively and fresh guide to getting the most out of an obsession with word games. This collection of facts, tips and surprising lists of playable words will instruct and delight word-lovers everywhere. Is That A Word? explores the bizarre and wonderful world of the playable words in Scrabble(R) and other classic anagram word games. In addition to helpful, quirky word lists, features include the evolution of the anagrams game; new games to play with your scrabble tiles; helpful tips on when and what to play from your rack; and an alphabetical glossary of tongue-twister sentences that exercises brain cells and offers great mnemonic means of memorising some curious words. Illustrated with quirky line art throughout, Is That A Word? is the perfect gift for anyone obsessed with words.
- Author BiographyDavid Bukszpan is the co-founder of the literary t-shirt company Novel-T and the lierary editor at BrooklynTheBorough.com. His company has been featured in the New York Times, Time Out New York, Entertainment Weekly, The New Yorker and many more. David Hopkins is an illustrator whose work has appeared in magazines from the Economist to MOJO, as well as hundreds of books.
- Author(s)David Bukszpan
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.