All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Her honesty shatters the mask of stoicism...the impact of her revealing memoir should t be underestimated.' Sydney Morning Herald..'...open and touching.' Book'd Out..Journalist, celebrity, television presenter, author, ambassador for beyondblue and patron of its work on post-natal depression, Member of the Order of Australia, risk-taker, social commentator, charity worker, public speaker, passionate mother and wife, Jessica Rowe is all of these things, and more...In this extraordinary memoir, Jessica reveals herself as a woman who thought it would be easy to have it all, to do it all. But what was supposed to be her beautiful life derailed in the very public collapse of her television career, her long struggle to conceive, her fears and what she believed to be failings as a mother and in her professional life, and the diagsis of post-natal depression...Deeply honest, funny, gut-wrenching and touching this book will be treasured by women who don't feel they fit the mould of the perfect woman; women who understand that in life, 'having it all' may develop a different meaning; and women suffering from post-natal depression, who will be encouraged that it's okay to ask for help...'...writes with refreshing honesty. ' MamaMia..
- Author BiographyJESSICA ROWE is a broadcaster and writer who, in a career spanning over twenty years, has worked at all the major Australian commercial television networks. She is currently a presenter on Channel 10's morning show, Studio 10...Jessica is co-author of the bestselling book The Best of Times, The Worst of Times with her mother, Penelope Rowe. In her second book, Love, Wisdom, Motherhood, Jessica interviewed prominent women about their lives and shared their conversations...Jessica is patron of the Mental Health Council of Australia and patron of beyondblue's work on post-natal depression. In 2015, she was awarded the Member of the Order of Australia for her long commitment to mental health advocacy and her broadcasting career. She lives in Sydney with her husband, journalist Peter Overton, and their two young daughters. Jessica is a graduate of the Faber Academy's Writing Memoir course...A percentage of the purchase price of every book sold will be donated to beyondblue...
- Author(s)Jessica Rowe
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $27.30New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.00
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.