All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsaac Albeniz (1860 1909) began his musical life as a pia prodigy in Barcelona at the age of four, and it is as a prolific composer of solo works for the piaforte that we celebrate him most. This inexpensive Dover edition, designed to give you a lifetime of musical enjoyment, presents two of Albeniz's best-kwn works in authoritative editions: the pia suite Iberia, generally considered to be his masterpiece; and Espana, which contains the Tango, his most popular individual work.Iberia is a collection oftwelve musical scenes of Spanish life, principally Andalusian, written in the years from 1906 to 1909. Its brilliant and complex character is suffused with the rhythms and harmonies of Spanish popular music, to which Albeniz turned for inspiration in the last years of his life.Espana, an earlier work first published in 1890, is made up of six pia pieces that subtly reflect the influences of the pia literature of the nineteenth-century salon and like Iberia the harmony and style of impressionism, which Albeniz himself helped to create. Both works reveal characteristics of the highly individualized pia technique Albeniz developed from early childhood and perfected under the tutelage of Liszt.
- Author(s)Isaac Albeniz
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication13/11/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight529 g
- Width229 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.