All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionHarvard's George C. Simpson called the late Isaac Asimov one of our natural wonders and national resources, for his hundreds of nfiction works on science, mathematics, history, and literature. Asimov, however, is best kwn as a science fiction writer. This second edition, Isaac Asimov: The Foundations of Science Fiction, updates and expands science fiction scholar James Gunn's definitive, Hugo Award-winning critical volume about Asimov and his contributions to the science fiction genre. A concluding chapter analyzes Asimov's best-sellers. Those interested in Asimov and science fiction will want Gunn's study, with its insider's look at the most prolific author of the twentieth century, its chrology, selected list of critical works, and bibliography. Paperback version available 2005.
- Author BiographyJames Gunn is a retired professor of English at the University of Kansas and Director of the Center for the Study of Science Fiction. He has written twelve novels, five collections of short stories, and Alternate Worlds: The Illustrated History of Science Fiction. Gunn is the 24th writer recognized by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America as a Grand Master.
- Author(s)James E. Gunn
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/09/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.