All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a lavish pictorial record produced in collaboration with the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG). It features 200 unique photographs taken by Isabella Bird that transport the reader to the China of the late 19th century. It includes supporting text by travel photography expert Debbie Ireland. Ammonite Press is proud to collaborate with the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) in celebrating the achievements of Isabella Bird in this lavish pictorial record of her last great journey through China, in the closing years of the 19th century, with supporting text by travel photography expert Debbie Ireland. Bird was in her mid-sixties when she undertook her travels, to a land that was largely unkwn and largely misunderstood in the West, where a woman travelling alone was greeted with incredulity and, occasionally, hostility. The highlight of her visit was journeying by boat and sedan chair to make a major tour of the valley of the Yangtze River and much beyond, right up to the border with Tibet.
- Author BiographyDebbie Ireland has spent 17 years working in photography, having held the positions of assistant curator of the Royal Photographic Society's archive and head of the AA World Travel picture library.
- Author(s)Debbie Ireland
- PublisherAE Publications
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmmonite Press
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs, includes illustrations
- Weight1610 g
- Width230 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.