All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a twist on the classic fairy tale, a princess in fifteenth century Spain refused to wait to be rescued by a prince but instead chose one for herself. Even then, she would t marry him until they'd reached an agreement that was revolutionary for her time--their marriage would be an equal partnership captured in the motto: To stand as high, as high to stand, Isabella and Ferdinand. This book tells the real and remarkable story of the princess, Isabella of Castile. The partnership that she made with her prince was a happy and successful one. Without her, both Spain and America would t exist as we kw them. Richly illustrated and narrated with humor, The Thinking Girl's Treasury of Real Princesses brings to life the stories of real and remarkable princesses who managed to do what few thought possible.
- Author BiographyShirin Yim Bridges' first book, Ruby's Wish, was a Publishers Weekly Best Children's Book and won the Ezra Jack Keats award. It is on several state reading lists, has been translated into seven languages, and is now in its eleventh edition. The Umbrella Queen made TIME/CNN's Top 10 Lists and was also named a Best Children's Book by the Bank Street College of Education. Horrible Hauntings won an IRA/CBC Children's Choices Award. Mary Wrightly So Politely launched in April 2013 to starred reviews in both Kirkus and Publishers Weekly. To date, every book that Shirin has written or published has achieved national acclaim. Responsible for the pen-and-watercolor illustrations that bring our princesses to life, Albert Nguyen received his MFA from the Academy of Art in 2006. He grew up in Minnesota before moving to San Francisco. In addition to being fond of drawing, painting, comics, and cartoons, Albert has a special affection for chubby animals. The Thinking Girl's Treasury of Real Princesses are his first children's books.
- Author(s)Shirin Yim Bridges
- PublisherGoosebottom Books Llc
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Thinking Girl's Treasury of Real Princesses
- Place of PublicationFoster City, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoosebottom Books Llc
- Content Note22 colour photos, 7 colour illus, 4 b/w illus, 3 w/c illus, 1 diagram & 1 map
- Weight381 g
- Width273 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Albert Nguyen
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.