All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique commentary allows the interpretation of Isaiah 1-39 to be guided by the final form of the book. It focuses on the theological aspect of the book of Isaiah, giving special attention to the role of literary context. Christopher Seitz explores structural and organizational concerns as clues to the editorial intention of the final form of the material, which he argues is both intelligible and an intended result of the efforts of those who gave shape to the present form of the book. Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching is a distinctive resource for those who interpret the Bible in the church. Planned and written specifically for teaching and preaching needs, this critically acclaimed biblical commentary is a major contribution to scholarship and ministry.
- Author BiographyChristopher R. Seitz is Professor of Old Testament and Theological Studies at the University of Saint Andrews in Scotland. He is the author or editor of eight books including Figured Out: Typology, Providence and Christian Scripture and Nicene Christianity: The Future for a New Ecumenism.
- Author(s)Christopher R. Seitz
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/12/2011
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleInterpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching
- Place of PublicationKY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.