All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few more intriguing, or polarising, figures in modern American spiritual history than Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. The cofounder of the Theosophical Society, Blavatsky remains a figure of fascination more than a century after her death. In ISIS IN AMERICA - one of the most unique documents of recent American spiritual history - we get a closer look at Blavatsky, through the eyes of Theosophical Society cofounder, writer, lawyer, investigator and Blavatsky confidante, Henry Steel Olcott. Olcott spent years by Blavatsky's side, witnessing acts of aura projection and spontaneously produced objects - and undergoing his own spiritual awakening - as they laid the foundations for a new era in esoteric spirituality.
- Author BiographyColonel Henry Steel Olcott (2 August 1832 - 17 February 1907) was an American military officer, journalist, lawyer and the co-founder and first President of the Theosophical Society. Olcott was the first well-known American of European ancestry to make a formal conversion to Buddhism. His subsequent actions as president of the Theosophical Society helped create a renaissance in the study of Buddhism. Olcott is considered a Buddhist modernist for his efforts in interpreting Buddhism through a Westernised lens.
- Author(s)Henry Steel Olcott
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleTarcher Supernatural Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.