All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo other religion in the modern world has come under such close scrutiny or been viewed as a source of so much harm to our civilization as Islam. It is routinely portrayed in the media as a promoter of terrorism, supporter of authoritarian governments, oppressor of women, and an enemy of the West. In this sympathetic assessment of the religion, rewned Christian theologian Hans Kung, demonstrates that this simplistic perception could t be further from the truth. Providing a masterful overview of Islam's 1,400-year history, Kung's critically acclaimed bestseller examines its fundamental beliefs and practices, outlines the major schools of thought, and surveys the positions of Islam on the urgent questions of the day. Deft, assured, and comprehensive, this essential reference work is w available in paperback for the first time.
- Author BiographyDr. Kung is President of the Foundation for a Global Ethic (Weltethos). From 1960 until his retirement in 1996, he was Professor of Ecumenical Theology and Director of the Institute for Ecumenical Research at the University of Tubingen. He is a scholar of theology and philosophy and a prolific writer.
- Author(s)Hans Kung
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine64 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.