All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an era when the Islamic World is making a range of attempts to redefine itself and to grapple with the challenges of modernity. Many schools of thought have emerged which seek to position modern Islam within the context of a rapidly changing contemporary world. Exploring and defining the relationship between religion and kwledge, Ismail Rafi Al-Faruqi, a distinguished 20th century Arab-American scholar of Islam, formulated ideas which have made substantial contributions to the Islam-and-modernity discourse. His review of the interaction between Islam and kwledge examines the philosophy behind this relationship, and the ways in which Islam can relate to our understanding of science, the arts, architecture, techlogy and other kwledge-based fields of enquiry. This book includes contributions from Seyyed Hossein Nasr, John Esposito, Charles Fletcher and others, and will prove an essential reference point for scholars of Islam and students of philosophy and comparative religion.
- Author BiographyDr. Imtiyaz Yusuf is the Program Director, Department of Religion, Graduate School of Philosophy and Religion, Assumption University, Bangkok.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byImtiyaz Yusuf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.