All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the relation between Islam and the state in Buddhist-majority Myanmar from both an empirical and a comparative perspective. It provides an informed response to contemporary issues facing the Muslim communities of Myanmar, furthering kwledge of the interaction between state institutions, government policies, and society past and the present. The book provides scholarly insights into the politics of belonging for Muslims in Myanmar while emphasizing the inherent diversity within and among Muslim communities. It brings together perspectives from experts of a diverse array of disciplines-religious studies, international relations, political science, history, Islamic studies, law, and anthropology. Focusing on the themes of colonialism and the state, the everyday experiences of Muslims, and the challenges of violence and security, this volume comes at a timely juncture in Myanmar's history. This book is essential reading for scholars and students studying Islam in the region.
- Author BiographyMelissa Crouch teaches in the Law Faculty of the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note1 half tone, 1 line drawing
- Weight546 g
- Width149 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMelissa Crouch
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.