All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionReligious Intolerance is on the rise. Debating religious freedom often means debating West versus Islam . This book challenges crucial stereotypes around this issue. It explores the scope of the right to freedom of religion in the International Treaties and Declarations and investigates why this right creates misunderstandings and misconceptions that often lead to intolerance and discrimination in countries of various political, social, and cultural backgrounds. Islam and the West attempts to find reasons for the rise of religious intolerance. The author looks at the limitation of the religious symbols law in France and the anti-terrorism measures in the USA; she discusses also Religious mirities and Apostasy in Saudia Arabia and Egypt. Furthermore, she calls for extending the scope, asking questions such as: How do societies deal with different religions and beliefs? How could and do they find ways of reconciling their conflicting demands while protecting human worth? How can universal values be found and established?
- Author BiographyHana S. El-Gallal is a professor at Benghazi University, Libya, where she teaches International Law and where she is the head of the Cultural Committee in the Faculty of Law. She is Member of the Libyan National Council of Human Rights and the Founder and President of the Libyan Centre for Development and Human Rights (a NGO). She studied Law in Mohamed Cinq University in Morocco and Benghazi University. She obtained her PhD in Law from Bern University, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Hana Sadik El-Gallal
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleWelten DES Islams/worlds of Islam/Mondes De L'Islam
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note0
- Weight660 g
- Width160 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.