Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe book discusses the meaning of Islam and Muslim community and the changing nature of Muslim consciousness, from the colonial state to near contemporary times in South Asia. It canvasses the background dynamics which were variously involved and played out in the Partition of India in 1947 and demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992 respectively. The volume has contributions from some very distinguished academicians like Francis Robinson, Ian Copland, I.J. Catanach, Hew McLeod, Javeed Alam, Kate Britlebank, etc.
- Author BiographyAsim Roy is Professor, School of History and Classics, University of Tasmania.
- Author(s)Asim Roy
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication11/09/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight297 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.