Islamic Banking and Finance in South-East Asia: Its Development and Future by Dr. Angelo M. Venardos (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo truly understand the current interest in the development of Islamic banking and finance in South-East Asia and how it is different from the conventional banking system, one must first understand the religious relationship originating from the Qur'an, and then trace the historical geographic and political developments of Islam over recent centuries. Only on this basis can the reader, without prejudice or cynicism, begin to appreciate Shari'ah law and Islamic jurisprudence. With this platform established in the first part of the book, readers are invited to learn about the financial products and services offered, understand the challenges in their development, and ultimately recognize the significant opportunities that Islamic banking and finance can provide both Muslims and n-Muslims.This second edition contains updates of statistics and dates with regards to the development of Islamic banking in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei. In particular, the chapter on Singapore details significant developments such as the direction which major banks are taking towards Islamic banking and the increase in Islamic banking products being offered.Although written by a n-Muslim author, this highly-regarded book is being translated into Arabic by a leading Islamic university in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyAngelo M Venardos has degrees in Economics and Marketing, an MBA, a Masters of Jurisprudence (Corp & Comm. Law), and a Doctorate of Legal Science in the area of the global regulation of offshore financial centers. A banker by training, he commenced his international career in Hong Kong in 1978. Born in Australia of Greek parents, Angelo is a permanent resident of Singapore, where he is the Executive Director and Founder of the Heritage Trust Group. Since writing this book, he has been an active speaker at international Islamic Banking seminars, forums and conferences conducted in Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
- Author(s)Dr. Angelo M. Venardos
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleAsia-Pacific Business Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight386 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.