All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides advice on traveling by boat from Florida to the Caribbean by island hopping your way through the Bahamas, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico. Discusses suggested reference sources, charts, trip timing, and routes. In addition it includes a narrative of the authors' trip, what went right, what didn't, and how they would do it if they did it again. Aimed at those who have never made this trip before, including those who are new to cruising and those who might be just dreaming about it.
- Author BiographyAnnie and David are relative latecomers to sailing. In 1993 they took a beginning sailing class at Delta College in Bay City, Michigan and before the class was over bought their first sailboat, a 24-foot trailerable. They bought Fidelis in 1997 and in 1999 moved aboard and left to live their dream. They crossed from the Great Lakes via the Erie Canal and Hudson River and cruised down the east coast. Stopping in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore with the intention of staying for six months, they enjoyed it so much that they stayed for four years while Doctor Dave worked at a veterinary practice and Annie served as dockmaster and manager of HarborView Marina, a large luxury marina on the edge of the Inner Harbor. After two record-setting winters of living aboard in Baltimore, they left the Chesapeake and headed to the Caribbean where they continued to live aboard and cruise for an additional four years. They are rear commodores in the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA) and David holds a USCG master's license. As a veterinarian he is author of two books: Where There Is No Pet Doctor (previously released as Wilderness Veterinary Companion for Cruisers and Other Outbackers ) and Pets On Board? Adapting Your Pet to Travel By Boat or RV. Island Hopping is their first collaboration.
- Author(s)David LaVigne
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.