Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn this beautiful gift book, we take a snapshot of the whole course of Irish poetry from early days to the present and accompany the poems with appropriate paintings and other illustrations. The principal emphasis is on the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries although Brian Lalor has t neglected work from earlier times, especially poetry in translation from the Irish. In all, this is a popular selection of generally familiar and well loved poems. He chooses the widest selection of poets, usually selecting just one work from each author. However, in the case of major figures such as WB Yeats and Seamus Heaney, he relaxes this general rule in order to give a selection from the works from these exceptional writers. With poems arranging from the 7th century Pangur Ban to Heaney and Derek Mahon, and including such favourites as The Croppy Boy, The Midnight Court, The Bells of Shandon and Francis Ledwidge's beautiful ballad June, this book makes an almost ideal gift book and Christmas present.
- Author BiographyBrian Lalor is a freelance writer and printmaker. He was editor of the Encyclopaedia of Ireland and of the Yeats' selection I Am of Ireland. He is the author of many books.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintGill & Macmillan Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1207 g
- Width236 mm
- Height236 mm
- Edited byBrian Lalor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.