Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStraight out of today's hospitals and labs-and tomorrow's headlines-comes a frightening, scalpel-sharp thriller from medical insider Joshua Spagle. In an astounding debut, Spagle takes us on an all-too-real race against time...as a young doctor enters the dark side of scientific research, desperate to stop a terrifying epidemic before it is too late.... In Baltimore's St. Raphael's Hospital, three newly admitted patients are among society's most helpless citizens: female residents of Baltimore's group homes for the mentally impaired, their bodies racked by a virus the likes of which one at St. Raphael's has ever seen. Dr. Nathaniel McCormick is one of the first on the scene. A young investigator from the Centers for Disease Control, Nate is paid to explore the bizarre, the exotic, and the baffling-from superviruses to bioterrorism. But as soon as Nate begins to investigate the lives and habits of the victims, he kws something is terribly wrong. Using all his skills as a medical detective, Nate soon zeroes in on the vector -the one person who had sexual contact with the first victims. And when that suspect is found murdered, Nate fears that the disease he's chasing may t be an act of nature, but of man. With his brash style angering his superiors and fellow investigators alike, Nate turns to an old colleague and former lover, Dr. Brooke Michaels, for help. Together the two investigators follow a twisting trail of clues to a discovery that is at once groundbreaking and unspeakable. And as a circle of treachery tightens around him, Nate is about to confront the most chilling revelation of all-and a past Nate himself has been trying to escape. At once a taut medical thriller and a riveting psychological portrait of a young doctor on the edge, Isolation Ward is a tale of runaway tension-with a brilliant what-if premise that is harrowing...heartbreaking...and impossible to wrench from your imagination. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyWith his bestselling, explosive debut thriller, Isolation Ward, medical insider Joshua Spanogle earned comparisons to Michael Crichton--and wide acclaim for his ingenious blend of suspense, cutting-edge science, and raw emotion. Now Spanogle takes us into the dark heart of medicine to tell a terrifying story of a billion-dollar medical breakthrough--and the side effects it unleashes.... From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Joshua Spanogle
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight259 g
- Width108 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.