All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoldier, sailor, prisoner of war, and spy, Israel Potter's lively career leads to encounters with historic figures such as Ben Franklin, John Paul Jones, and George III. Based on the memoirs of a Revolutionary War veteran, this vel was acclaimed by The Village Voice as hilarious, tender, expressive. This edition also includes Potter's autobiography, The Life and Remarkable Adventures of Israel R. Potter.
- Author BiographyHerman Melville (1819-91) found early success with stories inspired by his adventures in the South Seas. His fortunes declined with the 1851 publication of Moby-Dick, now recognized as a masterpiece but scorned by Melville's contemporaries. The author was obliged to work as a New York City customs inspector and died in obscurity, three decades before the critical reassessment of his work.
- Author(s)Herman Melville
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.