All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated in 2015, this title examines the roots of the Arab-Israeli conflict as well as the current divisions in Israel and Palestine including unrest over water and oil, the growth of terrorist organisations and Israel's relationships with the West and their Middle Eastern neighbours. Case studies show real-life experiences from a variety of diverse sources. Viewpoint panels present each side of the argument from those involved in the conflict, politicians and the media. The panels look at who is behind each quote and suggest points to consider to guide the debate. Timelines, fact boxes and maps put the events into context. Why do some places experience conflict? What is it like to live in a country torn apart by unrest and violence? Is there a way to resolve the problems? The Our World Divided series explores these questions as it looks at today's most contentious issues affecting areas of conflict around the world.
- Author BiographyCath Senker is a children's non-fiction writer who specialises in writing about modern history, global issues and world religions. Her latest history titles include Living Through the Vietnam War (Raintree, 2011), Our World Divided: Israel and the Middle East (Wayland, 2011) and A Cultural History of Women in America: Women Claim the Vote (Bailey Publishing, 2011). She has a particular interest in the topics of migration, refugees and racism and recently wrote Mapping Global Issues: Immigrants and Refugees (Arcturus, 2011). In her work, Cath aims to highlight individuals' experiences and to present different viewpoints in a non-judgemental way as a basis for discussion. Cath also works as a project manager and editor on non-fiction titles for both children and adults. Before embarking on a freelance career, she worked as a commissioning editor for a children's educational publishing company for eight years. She is also an experienced ESOL teacher. Cath volunteers with City Reads, a project that aims to widen the enjoyment of books and reading among people of all ages, especially people from disadvantaged communities. She is a also a keen amateur cyclist, cook and gardener.
- Author(s)Cath Senker
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note30
- Weight182 g
- Width191 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.