All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures: Investigates the significance, contribution, and role played by the State of Israel -- ideologically and practically -- in the identity of Diaspora Jews; Explores the extent and way Israel features in Diaspora identity through a range of issues including: anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism, Jewish continuity and Israel visits, the peace process, pro-Israel lobbying, philanthropy, religious thought and gender; Examines the place of Israel in the identity of Jewish communities in eight countries and amongst the Israeli Diaspora; A unique feature of this volume is that each chapter is followed by short and insightful viewpoints by Israeli and Diaspora commentators, with the book reflecting a dialogue between these different voices from across the Jewish world.
- Author BiographyDanny Ben-Moshe is Associate Director of the Institute for Community, Diversity and Policy Alternatives at Victoria University in Melbourne Australia, and is an adjunct professor teaching Zionism and Israeli Studies at Gratz College in Philadelphia. He previously headed the Jerusalem office of the British Israel Public Affairs Center and the Australia-New Zealand B'nai B'rith Anti-Defamation Commission. Zohar Segev is Lecturer in Jewish History at Haifa University. He is book review editor of The Journal of Jewish History, and member of the editorial board of the Australian Journal of Jewish Studies. He is a recipient of the Sid and Ruth Lapidus Fellowship from the American Jewish Historical Society.
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication09/08/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Content Notetables
- Weight638 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDanny Ben-Moshe,Zohar Segev
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.