All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew armed forces or espionage services in the world attract as much interest and admiration as the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and the Mossad intelligence agency. Since the Second Leban War in 2006, Israel has been preparing for possibly the most complex and dramatic challenge it has faced in sixty years - a nuclear-armed Iran. Israel vs. Iran outlines the choices Israel must face: launch a military strike, which could lead to an all-out regional war, or tacitly accept a nuclear Iran, which would lead to a new balance of power in the Middle East. In 2011, Israel appears closer than ever to making a decision. Drawing on in-depth research and invaluable access to the Israeli defense establishment, Yaakov Katz and Yoaz Hendel describe behind-the-scenes Israeli strategic military deliberations and decisions. They outline the IDF's postwar rehabilitation and the way its fighting units have returned to basic conventional military training. They also review how the Iranian threat is perceived and the variety of strategic options to confront it.
- Author BiographyYaakov Katz is the military correspondent and senior defense analyst for the Jerusalem Post and the Israel correspondent for Jane's Defence Weekly. A popular lecturer on military affairs and former correspondent for USA Today, Katz is a frequent contributor to numerous U.S. publications and a regular commentator on Israel Television, Sky News, Al Jazeera, and other networks. He lives in Jerusalem. Dr. Yoaz Hendel is a military historian and lecturer at Bar Ilan University and a research fellow at the Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies. A columnist on strategic and military affairs for Yediot Ahronot, Israel's largest news daily, he is also the military commentator for the Makor Rishon newspaper and a talk show host for Israel's Army Radio. He lives in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Yaakov Katz,Yoaz Hendel
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Notenotes; bibliography; index
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.