All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough a rich literature combining international relations and domestic political developments has recently emerged, most works specializing in state-mirity relations, nationalism, citizenship and human rights have t integrated insights from the field of international relations and security affairs into their analysis. This absence is where more visible than in the study of relations between the Israeli state and its Arab/Palestinian mirity. This book aims to bring (back) international relations and international security perspectives into the analysis of relations between the Israeli state and its Arab mirity. Drawing on international relations theory, it argues that the relationship between the Israeli state and the predominant community, as in many other cases characterized by eth-national cleavage, was heavily influenced by the state's broader regional geo-strategic security situation. State policies toward Israel's Arab citizens moderated in the rare times of relative geo-strategic security and hardened when Israel's regional position became more precarious.
- Author BiographyHillel Frisch is an associate professor in the Departments of Political Studies and Middle East Studies in Bar-Ilan University and Senior Research Associate at the BESA Center for Strategic Studies. His latest books are The Palestinian Military between Militias and Armies and Islamic Radicalism and International Security: Challenges and Response, co-edited with Efraim Inbar. He has published extensively in leading journals in political science and Middle East studies. His most recent articles include a commentary in International Security on whether terrorist organizations are rational and articles on Islamic radicalism and Arab nationalism, the persistence of monarchies and the demise of the PLO, which appeared in Critical Review, the Review of International Studies and Political Science Quarterly, respectively.
- Author(s)Hillel Frisch
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.