All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIsrael's Wars is a fascinating and essential insight into the turbulent history of this troubled country which, since its foundation, has endured almost constant violence. Bringing its coverage up to date with recent conflicts, this fourth edition includes a new chapter on the Gaza wars from 2007-2014, a new preface and an updated concluding chapter. From the 1947-8 Jewish-Palestinian struggle for mastery of the land of Palestine to the Al-Aqsa intifada, the second Leban war and the Gaza wars, Bregman exposes hitherto unkwn facts, including details of secret Soviet involvement in inciting the 1967 Six Day War, Israeli bombing of the American warship the USS Liberty, and Israeli assassinations of leading Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Illustrated throughout with maps and photographs, this new edition is valuable reading for students of Arab-Israeli conflicts over the last seventy years.
- Author BiographyAhron Bregman was a captain in the Israeli army during Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon and worked as a parliamentary assistant at the Knesset. Ahron is author of The Fifty Years War (1998), the companion book to a six-part BBC television documentary; Elusive Peace (2005), the companion to a three-part BBC television documentary; A History of Israel (2003); and Cursed Victory (2014). He teaches at the Department of War Studies, King's College London.
- Author(s)Ahron Bregman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarfare and History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.