All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive linguistics subsumes diverse theoretical approaches sharing a compatible outlook: namely that language reflects the interaction of social, cultural, psychological, communicative, and functional considerations that can be understood only in the context of cognitive development and processing. The editors have organized 27 papers presented at the Third International Linguistics Conference held in the summer of 1993 in Louvain, Belgium, into six somewhat overlapping groupings off theoretical issues concerning the bridges between generative and cognitive linguistics; lexical semantics and morphology (e.g. Langacker semantics for select Coeur d'Alene prefixes); metaphor (one title is Why metaphor matters: or linguistics meets the geopolitics of law ); syntax and semantics (focusing on Samoan, Spanish, and Swedish); pragmatics (minal vs. temporal interpretation); and Holmqvist on computational linguistics.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/11/1998
- Series TitleCognitive Linguistics Research [CLR]
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteNum. figs.
- Weight1182 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byChristoph Eyrich,Leon De Stadler
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.