All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides the basis for understanding a wide range of interpersonal violence: child abuse; incest; violence in heterosexual, gay and lesbian relationships; acquaintance rape; wife abuse and rape; and elder abuse. There is single accepted explanation for interpersonal violence, and the chapters reflect this by representing a number of disciplines from both theoretical and applied viewpoints. Many chapters take a feminist perspective, addressing the gendered nature of violence.
- Author BiographyRaquel Kennedy Bergen is a Professor of Sociology at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She received her BS from Saint Joseph's University in Sociology and her Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author or co-author of numerous scholarly publications and nine books on violence against women including, Wife Rape: Understanding the Response of Survivors and Service Providers; and Issues in Intimate Violence. With Claire Renzetti and Jeff Edleson she edited, Sourcebook on Violence Against Women and Violence Against Women: Classic Statements. She co-edited Violence Against Women: Readings from Social Problems with Claire Renzetti. She is the current Chair of Gender Studies at Saint Joseph's and the faculty moderator for the Rape Education Prevention Program. Her area of expertise is sexual violence in intimate partnerships and she regularly provides workshops around the country to domestic violence and rape crisis programs to address this form of violence. She has volunteered as an advocate for battered women and sexual assault survivors for the past 27 years. Her current research continues in the field of violence against women-analyzing the intersection of women's experiences of physical, sexual and emotional violence with their partners during pregnancy.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1998
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRaquel Kennedy Bergen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.