All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGraham Harrison investigates contemporary African politics by privileging the dynamics of political struggle and resistance. Through the analysis of peasant politics, debt and structural adjustment, democratization and identity politics, the author shows the importance of resistance and agency. Detailed studies of Mozambique, Nigeria, and Burkina Faso demonstrate how political organization and resistance have been closely ingrained in particular post-colonial trajectories. An original and refreshing approach to the study of African politics, this will be a useful textbook for upper level undergraduates and postgraduate students.
- Author BiographyGRAHAM HARRISON is Lecturer in the Department of Politics at the University of Sheffield. He is the author of The Politics of Democratization in Rural Mozambique.
- Author(s)Graham Harrison
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/06/2002
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.