Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience all of Istanbul's attractions with this up-to date and authoritative guide, complete with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination - that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. Find hotels and restaurants, check out the city's nightlife scene and discover its shops and bazaars. There are also ideas for things to do with children, and a summary of the exciting festivals and events that take place in the Turkish metropolis. Further sections include: Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Turkish phrase book and index. Minarets reflected in modern office blocks, oriental bazaars alongside smart shopping malls, headscarves competing with mini-skirts, in Istanbul the contrasts combine to create a fascinating cultural mix that visitor can escape or igre. With MARCO POLO Istanbul you will discover centuries-old mosques and churches, and admire all its artistic and archaeological treasures. The practical pocket-sized guide will escort you to pleasant fish restaurants and trendy bars by the Bosphorus, though to escape the big city bustle you can always take a boat trip or visit an island in the Sea of Marmara. The Insider Tips reveal where you might spend an evening drinking raki and where you can relax with a glass of tea after a long walk. The Best Of pages highlight what's currently in vogue in Istanbul, recommend places to go for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and put your feet up when you've had eugh of sightseeing. The Perfect Day takes you on a tour starting with breakfast on the central Taksim Square, then on to strolling along Istanbul's historic thoroughfare, the Istiklal Caddesi, and then, via the Gelata Bridge, to the Old City to gaze in awe at world-famous monuments before finishing off with an evening in the trendy district of Beyoglu. Panels in each chapter suggest things to do if you're on a tight budget and where you might pick up some real bargains. The Dos & Don'ts explain why you should count your money in a taxi and why you shouldn't kiss in public. MARCO POLO Istanbul provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the city. To help you find your way around there's the detailed Street Atlas, a public transport map in the cover, plus the pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight245 g
- Width110 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.